TOP 10 PEOPLE I MET IN AAUA

My four-year tertiary education journey in Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko was endowed with some “incredibly unforgettable set of people” that imparted my life in one way or the other. It is true I was a subject of ill-treatments from some sordid individuals, but when I look back and reflect on what some people have done for me, “I ignore the shits from the authors of shits because shits are the best they can offer in life”. The ten people I want to discuss about are not the only ones that were good to me, but I had to reduce the numbers to that figure to reduce monotony to a considerable extent.

10. KUYE DAMILOLA
The always-smiling Ikale boy. He hardly gets angry, extremely humorous and a friend of all because he mixes with the bad, good, mature and immature. Throughout my years in Akungba, I saw Dammy get angry once, he is a perfect epitome of clean-heartedness and above all, generous in his capacity. As we head to the labour market, may you find your rightful place and be gainfully employed.

9. ADESUYI ADEOLA (ADE BOB)
OOOoookay! I never knew I already know this brother via a Facebook Sports Page in which we were both Admins until I got to AAUA. He graduated from Biochemistry department during my first year, one of those I learned a lot from. A passionate Jehovah’s Witness, a bore-looking but highly lively OAP, the number one easy-going person I have ever known, a “just blogger”, a big fan of football and above all, the best writer I met in AAUA. May you harness to fullness the blessings that are yours and continue to excel in life.

8. OJO OLUWASEUN ALONSO
God bless Alonso IKA! An Ekiti fellow, exactly from “Europe-Ekiti”, If you know you know! Overly humorous with a perfect sense of repartee. You think you can talk, come and meet Alonso. He is a thinker and a progressive, one of those who stood by me when I was caught up and could not avoid competition   anymore. A patient individual who got along very well with Adebayo Tobi (Skophid); undeniably, the pair are one of the reasons I won that competition! May you two excel in life! Gonna miss you brothers! I could have been the perfect one left to make us AEB’s Three Musketeers, but I got carried away with my lonesome and troglodytic ways of life.

7. ONI OLUWASOLA (McCHURLY)
How did I know McChurly? He was a contestant for Mr. AEB who asked for support on a group chat and I reacted humorously with a “money for vote comment”, the next day, we met and we joked again. You think I forgot? Hell no! Ksound does not forget. Sola (As he is sometimes called) is a very calm, tall guy who has all the love of the girls. Extremely committed to academics, loveable, easy-going, kind, and above all, generous! God bless your hustle bro.

6. ADEKAHUNSI CHRISTIANAH
Adekahunsi Christianah, the first female president of Nigeria Federation of Catholic Students (NFCS), AAUA Chapter. She is a perfect prototype of modesty and balance. As far as the little commitment I gave to religious activities is concerned, “Pressy” (as I do call her) is one of the reasons why it happened. I am not surprised she performed better than all other NFCS-AAUA presidents during my years because I already know how capable she is within our unit (Lectors), the only thing that surprised me is that the chaplain never knew she would perform well. The success recorded during her tenure can never be buried in history because they were just too formidable. May you excel in the labour market sister. God be with you.

5. ADERETI KEHINDE (ADRET)
Adret Da businessman! Mr. Smile. Politically conscious, kind, serious and brilliant in his capacity. Absolutely the greatest entrepreneur I knew in AAUA. How can I forget Adret? The guy I never supported when he contested to become the president of our departmental association (NAAEBS) who still gave what I need if he had them, smiled at me and encouraged me. Above all, one of the individuals who made me won that competition I could not run away from. Adret needed just “a ten-minute convo” to convince one of those who was prepared to make sure I lost. Thank you brother! May you progress in your entrepreneurship activities. Keep doing good brother, you are on course to become the Otedola of tomorrow.

4. ONELE EMEKA JAMES (D-GENERAL)
I can dedicate a full page to D-general if I want to, but unfortunately, this is not a thesis. A passionate member of NFCS-AAUA. President, NAAEBS 2016/17 session, a born leader, active everywhere: department, faculty, AAUA at large, just name it! A Perfect motivator, a fighter for truth who fought off those who wanted to take me off that competition! I have never had any doubt in your capacity so I have tipped you for excellence in the labour market. God be with you my Igbo brother.

3. MR TAIWO (DR SHOE)
On a day I was in Akungba for my Post-UTME Examination, a fellow hometown man took me to Dr. Shoe, a brother I used to know at hometown when I was little. I did not see him for the first time in Akungba, but I got to know who he is in Akungba. I cannot forget one of his gestures, he trekked with me for more than four hours all because I was looking for a room to rent. You think I forgot that? Ksound does not forget! Kind, generous, and extremely humorous, I cannot forget that “thanks for shoeing with us” comment. May all your good heart desires be granted.

2. TORIOLA ALOYIWOLA STEPHEN (TEE-WEALTH)
Highly respected by the right-thinkers, a paradigm of emotional intelligence. The man with a good heart, known for his brilliance and willingness to help others in the academic line through tutorials, a lover of selfless service, patient, kind and emotionally stable. The God-chosen president of NASS-AAUA for the 2016/17 session. Accused, investigated, came out clean and never fought back, he said “I left them to God”. I should regret I played neutral when he needed people like me most, but I just had to act like that because of reasons understandable by me alone. I really learned a lot from him, through Tee-Wealth, I finally confirmed silence is truly golden. Never see your NASS presidency days as nightmare brother, because life is a home of lessons, whether the lessons are hard or not, they would always go a long way in fostering, experience, knowledge and understanding. Continue to rise above the odds brother! May you excel in the labour market! No weapon fashion against you shall prosper.

1. FADARE ROTIIMI (MIJOBI, STEVOOO)
Oh Yes! Mijobi is the greatest in my life as far as my four-year journey in AAUA is concerned. Handsome, lively, funny, committed, brilliant, kind-hearted, loveable and highly considerate. Stevooo is one of the few individuals who would sacrifice his convenience to make sure others are okay, I remember that day during our first year days when we heard a lecturer beat up a student, thank God we were both not there, the whole of AAUA would have known how good he is in activism, he is a perfect liberal! A better leader than some who claims and brags to be leaders, a hater of cheating and lover of equality, one of those who stand with and understand “Kay” in all he does. “Thank you” is a little word to appreciate your understanding, generosity, kind-heartedness, love, considerateness and patience towards me. God be with you brother! May you conquer every corner of the labour market and prosper in all you do! 

Apart from the above ten, one important person I must talk about is ADEBAYO TOBI (SKOPHID), a generous individual, one of those who stood by me throughout those days of competition and made sure I won. May you never live in lacks and wants bro. God be with you. Another person is OLASUPO BOLUWAJI, a friend since the day we were offered admission, God be with you till we meet again. In addition, there are ABIODUN ADEWALE (IFLYER) and ADEKOYA TEMIDAYO MICHAEL (ATM), my two brothers in Sports Journalism that I learned a lot from, may you guys succeed in all ramifications of your lives.
To several other good people I met in AAUA, sorry I had to reduce the numbers,  thank you for imparting positivity into me. May the grace of our lord Jesus Christ be with you all.

Kolade Chris (Ksound)
Member, 18th Council, AAUA SJC. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NIGERIAN PARENTS AND CAREER TOXICITY

ACADEMIC RESEARCH IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES: A GOLDMINE IN THE REFUSE BIN

THE ORIGIN OF YORUBA PEOPLE (INHABITANTS OF SOUTHWESTERN NIGERIA)